Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 2 - What to say

So what do I say when someone asks me what I am up to? I have always been defined by my job. I don't have a husband, I don't have children, I don't have a boyfriend, but for 12 years I have had a career that I have been good at. I have spent hours at. Now I am with out it. I am struggling with what to say about it not being here anymore. I have had a few conversations with close friends over the last few days and I was able to say that I was laid off, but how do I position the story? What do I say happened? Is it the proverbial "Hard Economic Times" reason? I think that that is the right reason. It is the reason that I have been laid off and so it is the appropriate reason, I just have to come to terms with it.
I obviously am still not comfortable with this whole thing. I think I am still in shock. Hopefully I will start to feel more like doing some things and sorting some things out in my head soon.
PSC

No comments:

Post a Comment